Updated: Sep 8, 2021
As you can see from the above image, in digital marketing there are many overlapping elements that put together make-up the whole enchilada of content marketing.
Content is an integral part of Digital Marketing. Ranking on Search Engine Results Page is a matter of publishing the right content at the right time, in the right place. Free tools like Google Trends not only let you see a keyword's volume and geographic exposure but also compares the keyword with others of similar intent, per various locations.
But posting expert content—the right keyword usage and beefy facts, is not enough. There are many other elements involved in ranking at the digital marketing universe. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the art and science of utilizing (not stuffing) longtail keywords to rank in the first 10 places of search engine result pages. SEO has two components.
The easiest SEO element to understand although that doesn't mean you'll rank, is keyword generation and its relationship to user intent. Yes, a person doesn't just search for ice cream, that would be such a broad and generic term with dozens of SERPS to go through. From Z'ers to Baby Boomers, everybody wants to get there (rank) faster and easier.
According to marketing experts, content marketing has been around since the beginning of the 20th century. "Content marketing is the #1 marketing strategy that can create new fads now everywhere on the internet, on blog posts and web articles as well as e-zines and eBooks," right?
We see the same idea replicated today over and over, but it was the magazine Furrow, “A journal for the American Farmer,” established in 1895 by John Deer, (a manufacturer of farming equipment and other products), which most marketers agree was the originator of the content marketing ideology.
The takeaway? Furrow has proven to be excellent crafters of brand loyalty and becoming part of the consumer’s family.
An example is how Affiliate marketing uses content writing to lure buyers by offering valuable content in the form of lists, how to's, reviews, definitions, and questions.
Video marketing is one of the most successful types of content marketing there is nowadays, but it can be costly. Especially so, if the content has high production value. You can find the best free tutorials on YouTube and it's all about the clicks per view and more, Even one on how to make money on YouTube.
Perhaps the concept of not selling products to sell products is as old as Poor Richard’s Almanac. With this yearly publication by Benjamin Franklin started in 1733 that travelled around the world and was translated into several languages, Franklin came to status and fame. By providing entertainment and educational information to thousands of people, he became part of the consumer’s home and branded himself.
Content marketing is a strategic communication marketing strategy that focuses on publishing
· Blogs – great for time sensitive topics, industry updates, listicles, how to’s, checklists, comparisons – Here's a site where you can read the latest stats on blogging. With so much content out there, the competition is brutal. So, finding your niche in the market is the thing to do.
· Video – tutorials, how to’s, vlogs, infomercials. Videos help people connect with brands and increase website traffic. Here are 44 Stats on video marketing. Explainer videos seem to top the list of most common video types.
· Social Media Posts – humor – inspirational quotes - ads – stories – Stats on social media marketing show that 66% of people on Facebook follow a brand. And TikTok is taking over. Catch up to the latest on social media from eMarketer.
· Marketing Articles – case studies – thought leadership - There are different types of articles, but all of them are easy to write if you know the basics. To learn how, visit angelaterga.com/writingcoach.
· eBooks – You might think everyone is reading eBooks nowadays. For 1, they’re cheaper than most paperback or hardcover books; and 2, you can take them with you everywhere you go on your phone app. Nobody leaves their cell phone behind. The truth is, people still prefer a page turner, but eBook giveaways and downloads make great marketing tools. It seems that eBook sales were steadily declining but were revived in 2020. Take a look.
· Podcasts – interviews – infomercials – More than 800,000 podcasts and 132 million podcast listeners/users by 2022 make this marketing strategy very useful. The most popular one is True Crime. Any topic is valid, just how do you get subscribers? Seems like the average podcast listeners is highly educated. Smart speakers seem to be the preferred listening device besides mobile. What would your business talk about on a podcast of its own? Check out the podcast trends here.
· Infographics – Most people are visual learners, especially men, and most of us don’t want to red through throughs and of word to get the information we want. Infographics make it fast and easy to get in and get out. They are easy to make. Here's how. Infographics organize information in a visual context with more efficiency.
· Whitepapers – These are lengthy articles that hold a lot of authoritative value on a given topic and back it up with research references. If you want to see what a whitepaper looks like, how it reads, its marketing value and use, check this out.
· Webinars – Seminars conducted over the internet have become commonplace. Learn how to create a webinar with any of these tutorials.
· Surveys – Customer experience surveys are the thing, if you can get people to take your survey. Giveaways are helpful persuaders. The value of surveys in marketing is very high, not only for established businesses but also for new ones. SurveyMonkey was an excellent tool for me when I was doing research on e-book sales.
If you’re a new business owner wondering how to rank on Google, content marketing is what has occupied the pages and spaces of the internet with the above-mentioned types of content. Where your company stands in this sea of information is up to your strategic communication strategy. If you don’t know how to create one, see a marketer, an SEO expert, and a content creator. Sometimes you’ll find all three in one. Try us.
If you want to learn more about content marketing visit the Content Marketing Institute, an education and training organization that holds a yearly event in September, in Cleveland, Ohio. CMI publishes Chief Content Officer, a quarterly magazine that provides the latest strategies and research results as they take place.
Meanwhile, let TAT Productions create, edit, or publish your digital content products such as blogs and articles, and eBooks. Reach a greater audience, translate your material into Spanish.
Want to write a book or make an adaptation of a book? We can help!
We will take the time to read your content and make suggestions to help you achieve your goals when you subscribe to our e-mail list and follow us on social media.